Followers

Saturday 27 July 2019

Parchment Lesson July 2019

For our July lesson, we had some Dog Roses to colour using 3 colours - colouring on the back and the front of the image and then quite a complicated edge pattern to complete the card.
This was the first parchment I have done since I had the first cataract replaced and I wasn't at all sure how things would go.
But Wow!  -  I was surprised at how much I managed to do,  and to be happy with what I did do.

I didn't do the complicated border as I felt that that was a step too far and too soon. Instead, I found some pretty little corner heart emblems from a Groovi plate and I used those instead.  I also added a larger single heart in the middle of all four sides.

I added the bow. I found I had a bow die with a pretty edge so I used that.   I made a couple - one in a toning pink and one in parchment -  and then asked my son to say which he preferred and the parchment one was his choice. I added the gem to give a flash of sparkle.

I really enjoyed this and can't wait until the second cataract is done so that I can get back to doing some decent edging with the grids.

Here is my card. Hope you like it too:

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful and you have done a lovely piece of parchment, good job you were not with me this week trying to make some orchids in parchment, I would have had in tears and screaming with my efforts that in the end I scrapped. I think I better come to your classes and have some good lessons.

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.