Followers

Sunday 12 September 2021

CD Sunday Challenge #69 - hosted by Jocelyn

As always the CD Sunday Plus Challenges are anything goes as long as the challenge rules are followed - which you can find here.

This is my card for this challenge:


Now I have made a very very similar card before and shown it on here.  There seems to be a thing about camper vans.  Actually I think this is the 4th time I have used this image as the base of a card.

This was a special request from my DIL for her to give to her neice at her wedding.   My granddaughter Ellie was one of the bridesmaids.  As the other wedding card  was for the same family my DIL was very familiar with it and wanted one as like it as possible - with one or two tweaks.  The wedding itself was to take place on a cliff top but that I couldn't do so the beach it had to be. The groom was in the army and a Scot.  I couldn't find a suitable groom in a kilt so we settled for tartan bows and sentiment.  The wedding colours were green and navy.  This time I managed to hide the extra face between the bride and the chaplain.  The date of the wedding was on the number plate.  Last time it was the name of the camper van.

I was quite surprised that I enjoyed making it all again - well almost.  I am blowing my own trumpet I know but I was told that the happy couple want to frame the card.

So if you need a wedding card and have a camper van - I am your gal.

Carol xx



6 comments:

  1. A fabulous fun card Carol, perfect for the wonderful setting they chose for their wedding,

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic card Carol. I'm glad the Bride and Groom liked it.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, brilliant image with the camper van beside them, I am glad they liked it

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very original card and a lovely keepsake for the happy couple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh THIS is the card I became enamored with over at CDS when I saw it! LOVE! Now wishing I'd married at the beach since my Honey was a surfer back in the day and your vicar looks just my American Episcopalian rector, and I now know I could have commissioned you to make us this! Darn it! Seriously, it is a very fab keepsake treasure, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aimeslee. Depending on when you got married - perhaps I wasn't crafting then. I can still make you one though - similar.
      Carol
      xx

      Delete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.