Followers

Sunday 26 September 2021

CD Sunday Plus - Challenge #70 - hosted by Carol (me)

 I belong to a craft forum and have done so since it's inception back in 2006.  It has got smaller over the years but there are still a hard core of us who still chat about crafts, card making and all sorts of other things.  We have even been known to have meets and visit each others houses.  We have become firm friends over the years.   Amongst other things  I have visited and stayed a few times with a friend in Northumberland.  Had meetings in Cardiff.   Been to Cambridge and  Essex and organised quite a few meets at Wisley (Royal Horticultural Gardens) and Covent Garden - and had a few come stay with me.

All these lovely people I have met through the forum and I am delighted to say that they include fellow CD Sunday Plus teamies Pamela and Jocelyn.

My card today is a birthday card for one of those friends. It is her birthday today.  Sadly I have never met Yvonne but over the years I feel I have got to know her.  I know she makes lovely cards and I hope she likes mine when she opens it. 

The card is from one of  The Card Hut CDs  -  'A Burst of Celebrations'  and I used my graphics   programme - ACDSee  for the borders and Yvonne's name.

I look forward to some more blog hopping.  In the meantime please stay safe.

P.S. Two of these lovely friends I have met through the forum are coming to visit me tomorrow and Tuesday.  I am so looking forward to their visit. 

Carol

xx


6 comments:

  1. A beautiful birthday card Carol,it's lovely to make life long friends through our hobbies,have a great time with your friends

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card Carol and so many memories of happy times spent together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card and you have a lot of happy memories

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card and I'm sure that she will love it.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely to have made all these crafty friends. It sounds like a lovely group to be a part of.

    I'm sure Yvonne will love her card.

    Enjoy your time with your friends.

    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carol, oh I know she loved it, well done, I'm wanting chocolate cake now, lol. How awesome to meet and be together. Thanks for all your sweet blog comments, and to answer your question about legal card, here in America we have letter size paper and cardstock like your A4. But we also have 8.5x14" size which is what all lawyers and courts use, hence legal size. Take care! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.