Followers

Friday 8 April 2022

Memories

 As a family- many years ago now - we managed to take our three children to Kenya for a wonderful 3 week holiday. The eldest was about 16 and the youngest - my daughter - 10.  I particularly remember the trip because it was in April just before my birthday - about now.

We had a fabulous time.  We were lucky that it was during a period of stability in Kenya.  It wasn't too long after our trip there that sadly there were more troubles.

One of the things that I especially remember was the guy in charge of the hotel pool - which was positioned  between the cottages and the main hotel.  We had to pass the pool on the way to breakfast and the 'pool man' wouldn't let the children pass him until they had greeted him properly and respectfully in Swahili.  The kids were great and joined in the fun with good heart.

This digital picture I have had fun making just reminds me of some of those days. 

The background image is one that I found somewhere and the giraffes are wonderful digital images from Beccy's Place.  Now 'Machweo' is Swahili for Sunset.  If you go onto Google it even tells you exactly how to pronounce it.

I think I might give this to my son Chris for his birthday in July.  It will stir some memories for him as well.

Hugs

Carol

xx

3 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Carol and wonderful memories as well.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful memories and a fabulous card too. I'm off to practice my Swahili :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this story, too, Carol. And a fabulous card, xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.