Followers

Thursday 15 September 2022

A little keepsake

I have felt so sad the last few days.  It is so difficult to come to terms with the death of our Sovereign.

I have always felt a special bond as our birthdays were on the same day.  My mother used to tell me that the guns being fired as a birthday salute in Hyde Park were for my birthday.  I believed her for a while.

Whilst I have been sitting watching the TV coverage of the services and parades I decided to try some more stitching.  It is more exercise for my hand and the sort of crafting you can do whilst watching the 'box'.  I found a great new pattern on the Stitching Cards site and here is my interpretation.  I added the dates as they were not part of the pattern.


HM Queen Elizabeth 11


I had to photograph this without the glass.  I will put that back in and then keep this close by as a momento.

Carol   xx



1 comment:

  1. I feel your sorrow Carol, it is indeed a very sad time. I love your tribute card, it's beautiful.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.