Followers

Sunday 25 June 2023

CD Sunday Plus Challenge - #113 - hosted by Margaret

My DT card for this challenge isn't the one I had planned to show you.  I have always looked upon my blog as a craft blog and not a personal one -  but sometimes.........

Last Sunday (18th June) I received the very sad news that my bestest friend had passed away.  It wasn't unexpected.  I had been waiting for the news for a few days but even if you know it doesn't help.

Here is the card I have chosen, and below, the story behind it:

My friend, Jacqui was the one who got me interested in parchment work.  We used to go together to the 'Make It Show' at Farnborough, Hants.  The first year it was held there The Parchment Guild had a stand.  Jacqui dragged me over and said that she would like to do parchment and would I go with her.  We met Dorothy Holness and my soon to be Tutor Marilyn.  Well to cut a long story short we joined Marilyn's happy band of students and we learned parchment. Or rather I did.  Jacqui did learn for a while - and she was very good at it - but went on to other things and left me at the classes without her.

The main point of my story is that during our chats, talks and outings whilst she was so ill she told me  that she had saved one of her parchment efforts - a beautiful one - and she wanted me to have it as a birthday card .  She didn't want it just thrown away.  It is beautiful, and now it is framed and in my bedroom.

I still wanted to make her usual September birthday card even though I knew deep down she probably wouldn't make it.   But then  I remembered a special one of my own early parchment cards that I had framed and kept.  I decided to give it to her, as she had given hers to me.  The envelope was addressed and sealed  ready for September.  Above is the card and it is in a frame again and in my bedroom along side hers.

It was made in October 2010 and the image comes from a CD called - Patsy May's Clip Art CD

This is the card that Jacqui made and gave to me.


Carol

xx



4 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear about your friend, you both enjoyed your parchment craft, and the card is beautiful, its nice to frame special cards and keep them safe, sending you a hug

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend Carol. How wonderful that you both loved parchment so much and what a lovely keepsake you now have from your friend.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that the friend with leukemia, Carol? May she rest in peace and out of pain and weariness. You've had some tough losses in the last year. My prayers for your peace and strength, my friend. XXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card Carol and the story behind it. I lost a friend on Wednesday that has shocked us all as we didn't think it would be so sudden. Sending condolences and a big hug. xx

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.