Followers

Sunday 12 November 2023

CD Sunday Plus Challenge - #123 - hosted by Margaret

This card is a first for me..  I have to admit I do not like Gnomes without faces.  It is not a new dislike - it has always been there.  There is a particular girl/doll image used on a craft CD - Gorjuss dolls that  I have never been able to use it because it has no facial features.  

I found this Gnome pattern on Stitching Cards, and with the addition of two black eyes (tiny wee black round peel-offs) and the pink nose I can cope with this.  In fact I think he is lovely and enjoyed I the stitching.


I even managed to find some super white/silver thread from Gutermann for his beard.

Tis funny I  know but I need to see facial features otherwise I get the shivers.  I even find it difficult as part of  the CD Sunday Plus Design team when I am making comments about entries to our challenges - beautiful as they are.   I don't duck my responsibilities but I do find it hard.  Now my fellow teamies know as I have not mentioned it before.

I hope all are well and getting busy with the cards for the period I am not supposed to mention (see card above).

I wonder if there is anyone else out there who doesn't like faceless images?

Carol xx


4 comments:

  1. Your gnome card is fantastic Carol,love his facial features and beard

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to come by for a closer look! Your stitching is wonderful! Great added features, too! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol, your card and stitching are fabulous. Well done! I'm raising my hand to agree with you about any faceless creature. I once had to use a digi with nothing but eyes for a DT assignment and it bothered me bigtime. I also received a Gorjuss Sweet Tea stamp set last year for a challenge prize and as cute as it is, I have not used it yet. Your post inspired me to google about drawing in the nose and face, and apparently others are like us. They draw it in and so will I if I ever use the set. Yes, it bothers me! You are not alone, XOX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Firstly, I love your card, beautiful stitching of a lovely image.
    Secondly, you learn something new every day! My living room would be a nightmare for you as I have a large (ever growing) collection of Willow Tree ornaments!
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.