Followers

Sunday 17 March 2024

CD Sunday Plus - Challenge #129 - hosted by Margaret

 Here is the card I made for this challenge:

As from 10th February this year - 2024 -  it is the Chinese Year of the Dragon.  I made this card to enter into a little competition organised by UKSN - of which I am a member.  I didn't win but I did enjoy creating the card.  

I used Carnation Crafts 'Teardrop and Sweep' matting dies.  The stitch pattern comes from Stitching Cards. The background 'sky' scene comes from my stash.  The dragon entwined with 2024 comes from the internet.

I have learned a couple of interesting facts about the Year of the Dragon.  Apparently it could be going to be a difficult year for some - according to the predictions, but something else I did learn caused me a little amusement.  I looked at other Chinese years and apparently I am a Sheep/Goat (1943).  No comments please.  The one sign I should avoid at all costs is the Ox (1937).  It appears that the Ox and the Sheep/Goat are completely incompatible.  Give you one guess what Zodiac sign was my late husbands.  We separated way back in 1998.  Perhaps this was one of the reasons!!

On that note I will finish now - except to say that I hope all are well and to please take care.

Carol xx


4 comments:

  1. Your stitched cards are always beautiful Carol,love the dragon

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always your stitched cards are lovely, and this is a great design for chinese new year

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful stitched card Carol, the design works perfectly with the background. I love the dies you've used and recently treated myself to the whole set!
    It was very interesting to read about Chinese years. I'm going to look up mine and John's!
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant stitched card Carol. The dragon wings look amazing.
    Jocelyn xx

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.