Followers

Monday 10 September 2012

Peacock - pattern by Judith Maslen

I bought this pattern when I went down to the workshop on Saturday and made it this morning. This is a simple one that could easily be created by a beginner.  I  chose what I thought was a turquoise colour for the feathers around the body but after I had used the pen I realised it was too green.  Needless to say it was a felt tip I used.  I should have stuck to my principles but I thought that it would be OK as it was just a tiny bit to be coloured.  If I had used my pencils I could have rubbed it out.  So I then had trouble finding gems to match and ended up using little nailheads which are almost right.
The original pattern is in a series that Judith has designed all suggested by Pub signs.  I changed it slightly by leaving off the gold crown and the gold pen work.

A days shopping tomorrow with girlfriends and then back to making Angels.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, absolutely gorgeous! I think the colour is lovely. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol this is beautiful and you can tell that you enjoy doing this kind of thing.

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is gorgeous but not sure about it being a beginners pattern, I like the green it adds something.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.