Followers

Sunday 6 May 2018

Creative Stamping

The latest issue of Creative Stamping arrived yesterday and I was bowled over by the free stamps this time.  They are a set of Wild Animals together with sentiments and embellishments.
Usually I admire the stamps,  read most of the magazine and then file them both for later use but this time I just wanted to play straight away.

So I got  out the stamping 'stuff' and started playing.   I managed one complete card and here it is.


The border took most of the time.  Several of the sample cards in the magazine used a border done with this stamp and it appealed to me.  Bold and very 'African' in design.   I tried stamping the border straight to the card but found it difficult to get a neat straight edge so after several abortive attempts I decided to approach it a different way and just stamped out about a dozen borders (3" long pieces) onto card and then cut them out neatly.  Having done that I then attached them to the card with double sided tape as a border.  Simples - as they say.
I then stamped the Elephant and baby onto card and cut them out and affixed them to the background.  The background was not stamped by me.  It is an image I have had for some time and used before and would like to give it credit if I could.
The sentiments were stamped next and  Voila  a 'Go Wild' birthday card.
I thoroughly enjoyed making it despite the resultant  mess everywhere -  and it is one more for the box.
If you get this magazine I guarantee you are going to want to use these stamps as soon as you see them.
Carol
xx

5 comments:

  1. A stunning card made with these fantastic stamps Carol. I love your border in the black and white.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning and fantastic card, I love elephants and this card has it all

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally managed to get a copy of the magazine this week and I just love the stamps. I found your card on Pinterest and it's absolutely stunning. It may have taken you some time with the border but it was well worth it. Such wonderful inspiration, thank you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow!. Thank you 'Sandma' I didn't know I had made Pinterest. I was quite excited to have done some stamping after such a long time. Thank you for taking the time to comment. xx

      Delete
  4. ไฮโล
    I just love the stamps. I found your card on Pinterest and it's absolutely stunning. It may have taken you some time with the border but it was well worth it. Such wonderful inspiration, thank you x

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.