Followers

Friday 8 February 2019

Still filling up the Birthday box.....

The weather at the moment is so changeable - snow and then lashing rain and howling winds - that I have decided that making cards is the bestest thing to do. Keeping warm and dry and being productive. (anything but the ironing).
So I am methodically working through my card lists.  I am trying to use many of those dies that I have bought but not yet used and papers that I have collected and are collecting dust.

Here are another couple for the box:

This one uses a new frame die that I purchased from The Art of Craft. I wanted a square frame that wasn't a Christmas one (I have oodles of those) and the edge of the frame had to cover the edge of the insert image as much as possible.  The cats are from dies that I have had for ages and the sentiment is from my now favourite Happy Birthday die.
The peachy/orange background mat is from a pad of  6 x 6 adhesive mats by DCWV. I have had this pad for a long time and found it forgotten in the cupboard. I would like to find more of the pads in perhaps different colours (to purchase) but no luck so far. I also used one of the white sheets for the frame so it does diecut well.

Now for the next card. I have used three of the DCWV mats for this card. Two for the mats and one more for the  die cut frame and butterfly :


The sentiments are peel offs I found (yet again forgotten in the cupboard). I didn't have to search for the pearls. I always know where they are.


I hope you are all safe and dry and perhaps crafting. Just don't do the ironing to make me feel guilty.
Hugs
Carol
xx

2 comments:

  1. I love both these cards, I love the gorgeous frame and very pretty image,
    I also love the second one, That gorgeous butterfly and frame, I have only used the butterfly I do really need to use the frame as it looks gorgeous on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minds think alike Carol, I've been cutting out dies that I have in my stash but yet to cut out today too. not made any cards thou. Your two are beautiful, the top frame die goes perfectly with the image that you've used.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.