Followers

Wednesday 21 October 2020

Stitch and Do Kits

 I realised - after counting up - that I needed a few more Christmas cards.  I decided that I would  make some seasonal stitch cards especially as I had purchased these new to me kits from Amazon.

Not the plain sailing I expected.  I have been doing stitching on cards for years so didn't forsee any problems.

Firstly the cards are very small - 134mm square - the stitched topper is a wee bit smaller.  The kit includes 3 linen cards, embroidery thread, 3 toppers with already pricked pattern and 3 x  3D images for decoration.

The embroidery thread was very very fine.  Difficult to use as it split very easily and kept coming out of the needle because it was so fine and consequently difficult to re thread.  The pattern is very delicate so I guess it needs fine thread but I think a better quality could have been found.

The biggest problem was the pictures of the patterns. Those to show the pattern and colour usage.  They had done a small enlargement of part of the pattern but even with magnification it was hard to read.

I have finished two of the first pack that I purchased.  They took quite a while because they were delicate and the problems with the threads.

In fact the first one here uses the thread that came with the pack and for the second card I have used my own threads - matching the colours. 


  In the second card I have altered the pattern slightly because I couldn't quite make out the instructions and I got cross.   I used my own push out decoupage images on both of the cards as the ones provided were not die cut and too fiddly to cut out.


I probably will persevere with these. I will certainly make the third card in this pack but think about making up the other pack.  I must be honest and say that I like the look of the cards.  They look small, delicate and quite elegant.  I am thinking about it.

Carol

xx

1 comment:

  1. These are such beautiful cards Carol,it was well worth all the hard work,a pity the thread was so delicate ,your decoupage flowers are stunning

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.