Followers

Wednesday 6 October 2021

Halloween

I have dipped my toe into the world of Halloween card making.  It is not a 'festival' that I have ever really been interested in except that I have always enjoyed making Halloween ATCs.  So I joined a group of Halloween card swappers and set to with - I must admit - enthusiasm.  I enjoyed every minute and am quite pleased with the results.  I am now going to bore you with them all.

The scene came from ?  The ghosts and sentiments are a download purchase from Jans Digi Stamps. The book and candle are from Tattered Lace.


 

The crypt scene is from Tattered Lace, as is the cauldron. The others are cut using dies that I have had for ages.   May be from Tattered Lace.
The scene is a Tattered Lace background. The gravestone is also from Tattered Lace. The ghosts and 'Boos' are from dies I have had for some time and the tree is a download from Jans Digi Stamps.
The ghosts and cats are cut using  dies from stash and the rest are downloads from Beccys Place.
The scene is from ?.  I have added the sentiment using my graphics programme.
Another background from Tattered Lace. The die-cuts made using dies from stash.
Background from stash. The window, spider and web are all peel offs. The ghost is from Tattered Lace and the black cat.pumpkins  and sentiment are cut with a dies from stash.
Tattered Lace background. All the die-cuts used dies from stash.
All this was made using a pyramage from an Ooh La La CD called 'Faithful Friends'

  I have mentioned everything I used  under the appropriate image.  I used my graphics programme (ACDSee) for any borders and for adding my name to each image.  The font- in case you are interested is - chiller.  Looks good in red -  doesn't it?                                 

I am looking forward to receiving my swaps for this first venture into 'Halloween'.

Carol

xx



3 comments:

  1. An absolutely fantastic selection of Halloween cards, love the range of characters and critters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Carol, each card is like an art journal page! So full of details, each telling a little story - well done! Love them all. I'm thankful I had many fun Trick or Treat nights growing up. All we worried about was sweating too much and the mosquitos (it's usually still Indian Summer here). But Halloween for us locally has never been the same since 1974 when I was 18. Perhaps you heard about it. The Candyman who laced pixie stixs with cyanide and killed his own son for life insurance, he lived in the next town over.
    https://abc13.com/candyman-pasadena-texas-horror-story-trick-or-treat/375883/
    Never was the same, at least here. Churches and schools began having carnivals as an alternative, that is what my daughter grew up knowing. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all fabulous Carol. I wonder which one I will receive??? Still in the process of making mine, I had better get a move on.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.