Followers

Sunday 21 November 2021

CD Sunday Plus Challenge - #74

I have a special card to share for this challenge.  During this month my beloved Granddaughter - Ellie - celebrated her 18th birthday.  Ellie was named after my own mother - Eleanor.

It certainly doesn't feel like 18 years ago that we welcomed her into the world - but it was.

This is the card I made especially for her:


This was created using a Card Hut CD -  'In the Doghouse'.  The poem was written by the CD artist Mark Bardsley, and is in his illustrated book 'Dogs' of which I have a signed copy. 

Ellie has a wonderful Cockerpoo named Alfie.  Here he is sitting on the arm of my sofa.  He was waiting for Chris to come home and here he could see out of the window.:


Alfie comes to stay with us occasionally.  He adores my son Chris and will follow him everywhere.  They look like a comedy duo as Alfie is barely 18" tall and Chris is 6' 2".

Ellie didn't have a big celebration because of Covid but we did have a family tea and get together and Grandma was asked to make a couple of cakes. 

Here is one of the cakes - I was asked to make two and they were exactly the same.

All this happened last Tuesday and we did have a lovely time - as special as it could have been.

I have been told since that both the cakes have been consumed and not a crumb left.   Alfie, I am told, was not pleased.

Carol

xx



4 comments:

  1. Your card is brilliant Carol,the image looks so like Alfie, Ellie will treasure this card. So pleased to read that you got together for a family tea,your cake is beautifully decorated and looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. That card is too cute and I love the poem! But what I really could stare at (drooling) for hours is that cake! Buttercream icing! You even had a fabulous cake topper, too! I'm so happy you got to have your family with you and celebrate your g-daughter's big 18th. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post. The card is gorgeous, the pooch is adorable and that cake is beautiful. Many Happy Returns to your granddaughter. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card for her, I love the dog image and the story of Alfie, I am sure Alfie would have love a small bit of cake.

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.