Followers

Sunday 20 March 2022

CD Sunday Plus - Challenge #81 - hosted by Pamela

I am still with the digital cards although I am noticing some improvement in my wrist after the jab.  A little less pain and almost no terrible pins and needles.  So hopefully it will continue this way.

I had a lot of fun making this card using one of my favourite characters - Boofle - from Docrafts.

So here he is.

It was fun choosing some favourite poses, changing sizes etc, and then thinking of some appropriate text/sayings.  The border was from my graphics programme.  Everything else was  'Boofle' from Docrafts Digital Designer.

The card was made for the Card For Kindness group on UKSN and is winging its way to its recipient in Australia. I am hoping that by the time this post appears it will have reached Sue.

I will be busy next week choosing my Top 3 for the last challenge and with the improvement hoping to find it all a mite easier.

I have a little story to relate  about my son - true - it happened last week.

I am taking a drug called Gabapentin.  Supposed to help with Carpal Tunnel Pain.  I am on quite a heavy dose and one of the side effects is to make you dizzy and unsteady.  I have been suffering - in spades - as they say, and had a long chat with medics about it and it is being reduced.

That bit is just background.  Yesterday afternoon I went outside the front door to the post box (separate from the house) to see if there was any post and when I bent down I started to lose my balance - big time.  In fact, in my mind's eye, I could see myself hitting the box and ground.  Anyway, I manage to get back up straight and all was well.

Later on, Chris  came home just for a moment and he asked how I was.  I told him about the incident and what I needed was one of those alarm bells you wear round your neck if you do fall.  But I said I couldn't have one of those because I am not on my own.  What I needed was one that just connected to him but such a thing would be impossible.

Ah says he. What you need is a Cow Bell.

I am just about still talking to him.

Hugs to all and please still be careful.

Carol xx


5 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Carol, or should I say Boofle? Had a little giggle at your conversation with Chris, you got to love his sense of humour.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha, good one, Chris! Carol, you "fell" right into that one! HeeheeHee! Well, I'm thankful you managed to right yourself and not fall. And I'm happy to hear there's been some improvement, the pins and needles can be maddening. Fingers crossed and prayers said you continue to improve! Boobie is adorable and you've arranged his many poses quite artfully. Love and hugs, XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Boofle, and you've chosen some great images and teamed them with perfect sentiments.

    I'm glad to hear you're noticing some improvement, long may it continue.

    Had to laugh at your story, just the sort of thing mine would say to me!!

    I take Gabapentin. It took time, but I found the side effects settled down, hope they do for you.

    Big hugs

    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card, great images all put together makes a lovely card,

    They tried Gapapentin with me for my fibromalgia and all it did was put weight on, it is not an easy drug to take, I hope it helps you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely card Carol.
    I'm glad to hear that the injection has helped and hope you continue to improve so that you are able to give that cheeky son of yours a slap lol
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.