Followers

Tuesday 30 May 2023

Yet more Jigsaws

 Recently I showed one of the jigsaws that I was given on my recent birthday.  I started it almost immediately and it is finished but I didn't take a photo.


 It was quite a tricky one and took some concentration.

I am working my way through the Awesome Alphabet jigsaws by Colin Thompson as they are produced. Here is 'F and G' - the second puzzle received as a birthday present.

 Easier to appreciate with the photo from the box.


  A good friend - who also is a jigsaw fan - came round for the day on the 12th and we finished it together.  Then we started a new one that I had bought some time ago.  It needed thinking about before I started it so my friend and I started it off and then on the 17th two more friends were inveigled to help with it -  after I had fed them lunch with wine.  I was so pleased to find more jigsaw enthusiasts.  I only managed to finish it by myself last Saturday

It proved to be as difficult as it looks. I can't bear to put it back in its box so I am going to frame it.


Now I have another new one on the go. Yet another Colin Thompson one  - called 'The Treasures of Time'.

All finished now and back in the box.

This looks to be as tricky but time will tell.

'Awesome Alphabet' letter H is already on my wish list.

Hugs

Carol xx


4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful collection Carol. My sister is very into puzzles, she likes to do the 500 piece ones as they fit on those little tables you can buy. She has a mat that fits it perfectly.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are quite a collection of puzzles, Carol. That first one is a very popular scene to copycat at these painting classes, Painting with a ?Twist and the like. My daughter gave me a painting she did at one and it is very similar to the walkway with the trees and lights. I love it but I do appreciate how complicated and tricky it was as a puzzle. Glad to know you can still do them as you love them. Happy weekend to you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy Carol. I have recently got myself hooked on diamond art painting. Painting by numbers but with little beads instead of paint. I have about 6 under my desk waiting for me to start on but I must finish one at a time or I will get in such a muddle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great jigsaws, I like the F and G but they all look hard, I recently found a jigsaw app for my Ipad they have a free one every day, plus some free groups of jigsaws such as christmas or Easter, and now a colouring app for hubby's kindle which if I cant sleep I do at night. Have a lovely weekend and enjoy the beautiful weather

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.