Followers

Monday 18 March 2019

1st of our 2019 visits to Judith Maslen's workshops


As usual at our Judith Maslen workshop on Saturday (first of the year) we had two super new patterns to work on. Below is a photo of the morning session card jm105. It was designed for a wedding and as I don't have any that I know of in the near or distant future I altered the bottom of the pattern to exclude the words and have attached a very temporary sentiment. This was all after discussion with Judith. The sentiment is very quickly and crudely made and stuck on with removable tape. It isn't even straight.

This is my favourite image of all time from Judith and I really loved doing it.  I must admit though that some of the close and fine work was a struggle.  I have been told I have cataracts that need to be dealt with and I discovered that this is affecting my parchment 'abilities'.  I don't think I will be doing much more until after they have been dealt with.  Ordinary card making seems to be unaffected in the same way - at the moment.

Here is the card:

As I was struggling Judith kindly drew the stick for the sweep's brush. I couldn't bear to think of my clumsiness spoiling the work I was enjoying. And I did enjoy the pattern.

Here is a closeup without the crudely made sentiment.


If any one reading this enjoys parchment work I  can recommend them buying this pattern from Judith  It might be a week or so before it is added on her site. (see sidebar).

Hugs
Carol
xx


1 comment:

  1. Brilliant card, love the image you did a wonderful job with the design, don’t worry once your eyes are done you will be amazed how much better you will be able to see and do.

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.