Followers

Monday 20 January 2020

Quick wedding card

I haven't had to make a 'wedding' card for such a long time that I haven't really got anything suitable.  Especially for someone, I do not know intimately, as a friend.  I searched my CDs but couldn't find anything I liked and then I spied my small stack of USB sticks from My Craft Studios.  I bought these a little while ago when, I believe, they were on offer.
I found some very beautiful watercolour effect images of flowers - especially some pink roses.  I decided to use one of those images.  I used my ACDSee graphics programme to add a border and some words and here is the result:

I am sorry you can see my arms in the Mirri card.  I used my Pretty Shabby die set from Carnation Crafts for the mirror card and then added some very new gem type embellishments - delivered by a slow boat from China. (Joking aside they are beautiful 'gems'.  Mostly they look like drops of enamel).
The USB stick is called  'Everything Essential/Fabulous Foundations' and includes the Elite Software in case you don't already have it on your computer.
The card is for my lovely Dentist. She rang me the other day to make an appt for me and she let it slip that it had to be soon as she was going off on honeymoon.  I then had to make sure that she was coming back afterwards and she assured me that she was. Phew!  Good dentists are hard to find.

p.s.  I saw her yesterday and am pleased to say she loved her card. It all got very confusing because she was already married but had delayed the honeymoon.  As she had mentioned a honeymoon I made the assumption - as one does - that it would follow straight after the wedding. Anyway, I was pleased I made it.


3 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Carol. I know just what you mean about good dentist and hard to find.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love the image perfect wedding card

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.