Followers

Wednesday 30 December 2020

UKSN - a new challenge

 One of our members suggested a new challenge.  She had obviously been working her way through a large tin of  very high quality sweeties during Christmas and  saved all the wrappers.  Her challenge was for us to make cards, or ATCs, or such like using similar wrappers as part of the project. 

Now coincidentally I happened to have the same high quality sweeties but I hadn't actually started mine.  But of course there was now a challenge, so I started eating a few - choosing the sweeties with the colour wrappers I wanted to use.

I really enjoyed this challenge.  First of all I thought of stained glass windows but although I searched my many many dies I hadn't got a suitable one.  Then I found just the thing and here is the card I made.


This was a die set that I bought quite a while ago but hadn't actually used.  It consists of the palette, brush and paint tubes together with tube tops, labels and squirts of paint. The  pieces of the coloured cellophane sweetie wrappers just needed to be cut to size and glued to the back of the palette die.

I knew where to go for the background - my trusty La Pashe CDs.  I added the tri-coloured border with my graphics programme.

Whilst I am posting about UKSN challenges here is the latest CCC challenge - #37.

The theme for this was Feathers, colour Purple, and the Letter - F


The background and the coloured part of the fan comes from an old Artylicious CD - Peacock Summer Party.  The background colour is more purple in real life.

It seems odd to wish a Happy New Year whilst we are still finding our way through all this mayhem so perhaps I should just wish everyone a Happier New Year and 2021.

Hugs

Carol

xx

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card Carol. Love the die. I must get one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two brilliant cards, I love the purple feather card, and the sweetie card is just brilliant, I have no idea how you found the idea but it works perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that die set is now on my wishlist! Love what you have done with it Carol. An excellent page showing what we do in UKSN! I amy well write up a similar post...

    And a happier New Year to you too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies for your visit and a special thank you to Susan, who is a UKSN member who moved to Australia but still manages to join in everything we do - sometimes with a delay button. xx

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.