Followers

Wednesday 5 May 2021

More stitching

 I have a couple of new stitched cards to share.

The first one is a pattern from Stitching Cards and is an Otter:


I used a Carnation Crafts rectangular shabby die for the  green mat layer and a Marianne die for the sprig of bullrushes.

The second is a little more complicated. The stitching pattern is from Stitch and Do with a little alteration of my own to the choice of stitches. I used just straight 'stripey' stitches for the blue and green triangles instead of the stitches on the pattern.  The decoupage image - the teacup - is a Tattered Lace die cut and that and the stitching are mounted on two layers of card cut using the trusty Carnation Crafts rectangular shabby dies.  The pink card layer is from a collection of watercolour effect A4 card that I have in my stash.  

As I am hoping to invite friends over for tea in the not too distant future I decided to use this card as an invitation card.  But as much as I love crafting - and my friends - it would take hours to make more than one of these cards.  So I cheated.  I made the invitation label removable.  Here are two photos - one with and one without.


And here is a photo of the whole card flat so that I can print out as many as I want to fold and use.  The original can be kept and used for any occasion.


Have fun and keep staying safe.

Carol

xx

2 comments:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.