Followers

Sunday 30 May 2021

Stitching to relax

I have had a bad week.  I won't bore with all the details but in that torrential downpour last Sunday night - at about 10. 30 pm - I had a flood where the water came in through my Conservatory/Craftroom roof.

I suppose likening it to Niagara Falls is a slight exaggeration but it felt like it at the time.  It has taken almost all the week to dry out and to rescue and de-pong the carpet but we are almost there.

I was supposed to be having my first apres lock-down guests for lunch on Wednesday but I had to cancel.  I couldn't have coped.  That made matters so much worse.

In the last few evenings I have sat and stitched to help me relax and I am pleased with the two cards that I have just now finished.

Stitch and Do Cards Only - Set 50

Stitch and Do cards Only - Set 19

 

The images are both Tattered Lace die-cuts.  The teacup I die-cut myself but the bird was a purchase from E bay.

I have tried out some new threads that I purchased recently by Mettler.  Beautiful colours and the perfect weight for sewing on card but they can knot easily if you use too long a piece in your needle.

I love both of the patterns but I think the second one best.  I have used it before and bought a second set so that I could do it again.  I might even buy a third set.

Hugs

Carol xx



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful stitching Carol,love the design and colours of each

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of them are beautiful Carol. I love the colours in the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two stunning cards Carol. So sorry to hear about your flood but glad that you've managed to dry it out.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.