Followers

Sunday 10 October 2021

CD Sunday Plus - Challenge #71 - hosted by Pamela

As always the CD Sunday Plus Challenges are anything goes as long as the challenge rules are followed - which you can find here.

Sadly my card for this challenge is a Sympathy card.  In these uncertain times we are making more of these than we like or would wish.

I made this card for a friend on the forum that I talked about, back in Challenge #70.  I had found the image of the Forget-me-nots sometime ago - as a download - and I think they are the perfect flower for such a card.   They have always been one of my favourite flowers with which to craft.  The Victorians used them a great deal.  I have a Kaleidoscope CD and it is this that I used to make the card.  I entered the image into the CD graphics programme and 'played' until I created the image that I wanted to use.  Here is the card:

The little square centrepiece shows the original image and the rest of the card is the kaleidoscope.  I added the border with my ACDSee programme and then some toning crystal gems.

I look forward - as always - to visiting your blogs and admiring the wonderful creations.  Aren't we lucky to be crafters at such a time?  Keeping us busy and sane.  Certainly the first but not sure about the second.

Hugs, Carol

xx


5 comments:

  1. You created a beautiful background for the topper in your graphics programme Carol,forget-me-nots are such beautiful delicate flowers,a great card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, love your sense of humor, Carol. So right about how lucky we are! I am in awe of how you made that background when I saw it at CDS. I am now in awe of you tooling around in that program like you own the place - KUDOS! I can barely use PSE but what I know I use all the time. Gorgeous card really caught my eye! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty Carol. Forget-me-nots are one of my favourite flowers.
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, I love forget me nots, its always sad to make these cards

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card. I think one likes getting ones more like this as they are more uplifting at a difficult time than a gloomy one. Vee xx ps thank you for sorting my double entry as I had not noticed.

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.