Followers

Sunday 9 January 2022

CD Sunday Plus - Challenge #76

I hope that a good and safe Christmas and New Year was had by everyone.  My Christmas plans were changed at the last minute. I was due to host a family Christmas at my place but due to daughter, son in law and nephew all testing positive I had to go down to Bristol to spend Christmas with my sister.  Not a hardship but she was supposed to be coming to me.

My first CD Sunday Plus card for 2022 is a birthday card for one of my Great Nephews - Arlo.  I remember that I started off last year with a card for the same nephew.  Last time it was a spaceship and this time it is a puffer train.

 

The image - which I have decoupaged -  comes from the La Pashe Big One CD  - Volume 1 - Remember When?

This has made a 6" x 8" (almost) card and I love these big and bold images.  They make such great cards for little ones.

Now that Arlo has a new younger brother (there are now three little terrors) I will have to find some  more and different images for future cards. I am sure that I will find something on La Pashe.

So a latish Happy New Year from me and I look forward to your visits chez-moi.

Carol

xx
                           

7 comments:

  1. I can remember travelling on steam trains and being excited to see the smoke drifting in the sky,your beautiful card brought back lots of memories,thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did a steam train ride along the Devon coast when we were courting and a few years ago and other one on the East somerset railway with lunch as a celebration of birthdays. It seems very little boy dreams of being on a steam train, I am sure he will love this card, you have caught the atmosphere of the train ride in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love steam trains although I remember being a bit intimidated by the noise as a small child. I got over it and always enjoy a ride on them now. Your card creates a great atmospheric scene and I'm sure Arlo will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a wonderful card for a 5 y.o. boy, Carol, but for the life of me, asking rhetorically, what was wrong with choo-choo train? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aimeslee.
      We have a few names for steam trains. Puff puff, choo-choo, puffer, etc. I have just always called them puffers,
      xx

      Delete
  5. I've not met a little boy yet who dosen't like trains. Both of my Grandsons love them. A fantastic card Carol.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card. I'm sure Arlo will love it. La Pashe create such great images for us to work with.

    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.