Followers

Thursday 26 January 2023

Special cards

 I have been making up a couple of Hunkydory cards using some kits that I bought quite a while ago.

The first one is for a special friend who has suddenly become very poorly.  I can't go to see her yet in case of spreading any germs.  I am sure I haven't got any but it just isn't worth the risk.  

Neither of the cards have scanned as well as I would have liked because of the many layers of decoupage.

Here is the first one:

The second is a Sympathy card for one of our UKSN members whose Mother sadly passed away recently.  

It seems to be a difficult time me at the moment.  An old and close ex golfing friend died on 22nd December.  My son and I are attending her funeral tomorrow.  My husband - from whom I have been separated for 25 years -  died on Christmas Eve and now my friend is very poorly.

It is crafting though that is keeping me going and sane and I will visit my friend as soon as it is allowed.

I hope all are well.

Hugs

Carol

xx


3 comments:

  1. So sorry to read that you have lost many friends recently Carol,your cards are beautiful,the tulip card will certainly cheer your friend up,hopefully you'll be able to see her soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything seems to come at once, I hope you can get to see your friend and the funerals go off well, two beautiful cards which I am sure will be enjoyed, sympathy cards are so hard to make bit this one is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are beautiful Carol. So sorry to read that your friend is unwell and the other passed away.
    The start of this year has been particularly sad this year. We have just returned from Cornwall where we were attending a funeral and it wasn't the first.

    Hugs to you
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.