Followers

Sunday 19 March 2023

CD Sunday Plus - Challenge #106 - hosted by Pamela

 Simple flower decoupage.


 

These softly coloured Sweet Peas  are some of my favourite flowers. Apparently it is also my birth flower.  I also love the copper/brass pseudo coffee pot that they are in.

The image is from a La Pashe CD.  I have quite a few of their CDs and love them all.  So sad that they are no longer in business.  The artwork and style of all the work is wonderful and I keep going back to it very often.  There is always something there that you can use.

The tan/cardboard coloured mat was cut by one of the Carnation Craft Shabby dies.  Another favourite craft item.

In fact here is another of the La Pashe images from the same series that I used recently for a birthday card for a friend.  In fact, this morning,  she rang me to again to thank me for it.  She was just putting her cards away but told me she was keeping this one.


I hope all are well and I look forward to your visits.

Hugs

Carol

xx

P.S.

I got so involved with looking at and sorting out the La Pashe images on my computer that I decided to do some more decoupage. 3D decoupage was my first craft love and I still do enjoy it very much. So here are 4 cards I sat and made yesterday.

These are all from a folder called 'Framin' on their CD called The Big One - Vol 1.  There is a printed picture frame that you can cut out to use but I prefer not.

A Cottage Garden

A Hat Shop

Puffer Train at the Station

Last is the Edwardian Dress Shop -  my favourite.  I have left a gap at the bottom so that I can add a sentiment.

There are quite a few Christmas images in the folder so I think I will move on to those.


5 comments:

  1. Two beautiful floral cards Carol,the colours are your layout showcase them perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful cards, I like sweet peas too I must ry and grow some this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Carol. That die cut mat is a lovely shape. I love the smell of sweet peas. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why you like La Pashe, they are lovely illustrations. I don't get to see or smell sweet peas often at all. They are really hard to grow here and then being an annual doesn't help. Can't even find them at local florists or nurseries. Now, up in the New England area they bloom most of the summer. Here they'd peter out before summer, lol. Enjoy them if you can. I hope you are feeling alright and your arthurs aren't causing you too much pain, XOX

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a treat to see all these gorgeous cards. Decoupage was also my 'first love' and I still really enjoy it. I am growing some sweet peas for my sister. My dad used to grow them for her so I thought I'd give it a go - so far so good! Mum & Dad always had sweet peas growing in their garden when I was a child, and there would always be some in a vase in the house. Whenever I smell them now, it takes me back!
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.