Followers

Sunday 16 April 2023

CD Sunday Plus Challenge #108 - hosted by Margaret

 As I mentioned on the Challenge Blog it is our 13th Anniversary this week - on the 18th.  It doesn't seem possible that personally I have been entering the challenges since then.  In the beginning as a challenger and later as a Design Team member and now acting as a sort of team leader cum blog writer and poster.

I was so scared when I entered that first challenge.  I had never done anything like that before and had only just started my own blog.  Fortunately there were and still are some lovely people around who are willing to help and advise - and -  Oh Boy did I need help and advice.

Just before I show you my card for this challenge I would like to show again my first CD Sunday card:

 
 This was designed by me and made during the time that I was seriously into parchment work.

Now here is my team card for this challenge:
 

This was stitched using a download stitch pattern from 'Add some Sparkle'. The vase and flowers are  Carnation Craft die cuts.  The mats and sentiment toggle were made using Carnation Craft Shabby dies.  I have used this stitch pattern before but with different colours and centrepiece.
 
I look forward to your visits.  I hope that our team will be back up to full strength on the commenting front.  We have had some illnesses and holidays to contend with.
 
I will do my best  to do my visiting but if I don't manage it all I have a genuine excuse.   I have a busy few days of things to do and places to be as I have a really big birthday celebration on Friday - 80. 

Hugs
Carol
xxx
 

10 comments:

  1. Many Happy Returns for your Big Birthday on Friday,hope you have a wonderful day. A beautiful card with lovely colour tones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Meg. I am sure I will have a good day. I am being taken out somewhere but where I don't know yet. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I am posting your birthday card on the 21st so I hope you will find time to come by when you can. I love your blue card very much and your butterfly card is pretty too. Here's to 13 and 80! XOX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aimeslee for your kind words and I will come by.
      Hugs. Carol xx

      Delete
  4. Your stitching is beautiful as always Carol. Happy Birthday for the 21st, I hope you have a wonderful day whatever you are doing.
    Jocelyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your first card is so pretty with the lovely butterflies. Your DT card is gorgeous too. Amazing stitching (I know how long it would have taken!) and I love the colours. The die you've used for your mats and layers is gorgeous too.
    Happy Birthday for Friday. I hope you are thoroughly spoilt and have a wonderful day.
    Big hugs
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your first card Carol and also love the latest one too. Your stitched cards are always beautiful. I hope you have lots of fun this week and on your Birthday. You Kept that quiet.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.