Followers

Thursday 28 December 2023

Sympathy card

 I was hoping that now Christmas is nearly over I could settle to some crafting and start on my next year design team cards for CD Sunday Plus and some CD Plus 'office' work. I have managed one card which I will show in February but sadly yesterday I was told of the death of a good friend. 

He (Jim) and his wife Anne bought a house from my husband and I over 40 years ago and we became really good friends.   I met Anne just before Xmas for dinner, with a group of girl friends.  We all knew that Jim wasn't well but this seemed so sudden.

Anne has her family with her at the moment and it isn't the time to intrude so I will see her when I can.  In the meantime I have designed and made a sympathy card for her.  I have used a favourite image for such an occasion - Forget-Me-Knots.


This was designed using my Kaleidoscope CD and my graphics programme.  The insert below - without the words - shows the original image used.

What seems to make this happening even sadder is that Jim died on this Christmas Eve and my (estranged) husband Tony died last Christmas Eve.  

As I probably won't be posting here for a few days may I take the opportunity to wish everyone a very Happy New Year.

Love from

Carol xx


1 comment:

  1. So sorry you lost your friend, Carol. Anne will be comforted by your card. Happy New Year, xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.