Followers

Sunday 12 April 2020

CD Sunday Plus - Challenge #33 - hosted by Jocelyn

Happy Easter to one and all.  I really hope that everyone is well and has managed to find some chocolate.  At the moment I am into KitKat bars.  They have always been a favourite and as the cross between sweeties and biscuit, they are perfectly filling a hole.

As I said on the CD Sunday Plus blog this is not the way we all planned to spend Easter but at least we crafters can find plenty to do.

For my team card this time I have made an Easter card.   I don't normally make cards specifically for Easter.  Likewise neither for Valentine's day or Halloween. But I remembered that I made a stitched card way back in 2016 (here)  and really liked the pattern so I went back to Stitching Cards and found another pattern to download.   Stitching Cards, by the way,  have a Facebook Group and I have joined up.





The oval frame - which I think is gorgeous and perfect,  is from  Joanna Sheen's 'Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady'  CD1.
The colour of the backing card is, what I would call eau de nil, and gives the effect of having been enamelled.   Especially put together with the gold frame, peel-offs and thread.   It all reminds me of a piece of jewellery - perhaps a locket or brooch.

Don't forget please to visit CD Sunday Plus - link in the sidebar.  There you will find our few rules and also links to my fellow teamies so that you can visit them too.
Happy Easter
Carol
xx

6 comments:

  1. I love this gorgeous stitched card Carol and the lovely backing papers you've used with it.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your stitching as always and this is a gorgeous card, I did not know that stitching cards had a Facebook page, I will be going to have a look at it later. thanks for the information

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carol, your card is stunning. I too have stitched this design, but the way you've put it all together is fabulous. Love Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Carol and wonderful stitching as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Your card is so pretty. I love the stitching and agree the oval frame is simply gorgeous.

    Cheryl
    http://shestamps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.