Followers

Thursday 23 April 2020

Birthday cards

I just wanted to sympathize with those - like me - who are celebrating birthdays during the lockdown.   My birthday was on the 21st - the same day as the Queen and........this year we didn't have the gun salute in Hyde Park.  The first time this has happened in my 77 years.

Apart from not seeing my family, what I am missing most is the evening out with the group of us ( ex golfers) who have been celebrating each others birthdays (with an extra for Christmas) for more years than I care to remember.   There are 7 of us with birthdays fairly well spread over the year and each chooses where they would like to go for their birthday dinner.

I also belong to a Facebook birthday group and I have received so many lovely cards from them, and from my family and friends, that I took a photo of them all affixed to my dining room doors

to show you and to have them all somewhere where I can see them for quite a while.

I have already been in my own lockdown now since 21st February and I received an NHS letter this morning dated 15th April in which it tells me that they want me to do another 12 weeks.   At this rate, I could be sharing another lockdown birthday with you all next year.

So just thank you to everyone who has sent me a card, email or phone call to wish this lockdown lady a Happy Birthday.

Please all keep safe.
Carol
xx

1 comment:

  1. I do hope that you will not have to do another birthday in lockdown Carol. What a wonderful array of beautiful handmade cards you've received, they decorate your doors so well.

    Hope you enjoyed your day as best you could.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.