Followers

Saturday 25 April 2020

Card stitching with a difference

A study in mauve.


For this, I used No: 4 of Tina's Flower Embroidery plates from Groovi.  I didn't stitch in all the places marked for stitching.  Instead,  I embossed the outer swirls and leaves and then just chose the places that I wanted to decorate with stitching.  I used a mauve Mirri card for my background stitching plate.

It did take quite a while to complete.  I used a Gutermann Sulky Holoshimmer thread which broke very easily if you got bit enthusiastic with it.  More haste - less thread.

I did buy all four of the set of plates and fully intend to complete the other three.

I had started this project some time ago but - as you do - I had put it away whilst getting on with something else.  I was reminded that I had started it when a gorgeous birthday card arrived from a friend that was one of these four plates.  I was inspired to find mine and finish it.

Here is the card I received:

Isn't it fabulous?  Marion had also adapted her pattern. The centre is a little different and that border is to die for. Marion designs the most fantastic borders.

I will see you later. It is CD Sunday tomorrow.
Carol
xx



2 comments:

  1. Both the cards, the one you made and received are gorgeous Carol. It's also reminded me that I bought this set of groovi plates too and I've not touched them since they arrived.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.