Followers

Thursday 13 August 2020

Illuminating by Tattered Lace

Finally, it is cool enough to finish the card I started a few days ago.  The heat here in Surrey has been unbearable - at least for me.  103F on Wednesday in the sun on my patio.  Too much for me.

Anyway here is the card.  Made with the new set of dies and charismas purchased from Tattered Lace.   It all comes from the set - called Illuminating - except for the peel-off stars and the basic white cardstock.

Here it is:


Part of the charisma downloads is a collection of 50 sayings in various sizes and all with the first letter missing.  This is so you can use the letter die-cuts - with or without backing - to complete the saying.   As I have done here with the letter 'R'.

I feel that I am really going to enjoy using this set.  This is quite a simple card and I am looking forward to feeling more like making something more complicated.

The gold backing paper on the card is stunning.  I printed it on 210 gsm photo paper and it looks like real liquid gold.  I think you can tell that from the photo.

I am looking forward to getting back to some serious crafting.
Take care.
Carol
xx

4 comments:

  1. A beautiful card with a great sentiment Carol. Glad that it's a little cooler here today, we even managed a canal side walk this morning in time for a pub lunch at the end.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful sentiment and card Carol, a great CAS design

    ReplyDelete
  3. I managed to sit on my hands for this one! I love the card you've made using it and look forward to seeing more in the future.

    Hugs
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.