Followers

Sunday 18 July 2021

CD Sunday Plus - Challenge #65 - hosted by Carol (moi)

 Here is my DT card for this new challenge:


I used Tattered Lace Collections - Wild Silk and Daisy Hill  for all of the card except for the blue bird which came from  Carnation Crafts - The Cherry Blossom Collection - Coming Home.  I have decoupaged quite a bit of the card.  I enjoyed the making of this especially adding the gold swirly bits which are made with a new (to me) die, also from from Tattered Lace - Flourish of Pearl.

I haven't added a sentiment as yet but when the time comes I will probably use my latest idea which is to tuck in amongst the design a sentiment I have made myself.  Here is an example of how I used that idea in a previous challenge.

I hope all are well.  I also hope that everyone is sensible when the restrictions are lifted.  Personally I will be very cautious.

On the day of our last challenge (4th) I welcomed some old friends (Mandi and Debs) to lunch.  It was so wonderful to see them after such a long time.  We have been friends since 2006/7.  We have met many times and they have stayed here with me I have stayed with them. We first met when we all joined an online forum at the same time and just 'clicked'.  My lovely fellow teamies Pamela and Jocelyn are also friends from the same forum.   Debs - is off soon sailing across the seas - hopefully to Jamaica - and if she reads before she goes  I am sending love and safe sailing and please come back fit and well.

Carol

xx

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meg. Hope you are all well. xx

      Delete
  2. Fabulous card, love the design and the flowers,
    Personally I will not be going without my mask and i will be very cautions of going anywhere for the time being
    Stay safe and well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margaret. You and Vernon stay safe too. xx

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful card Carol. Glad you were able to have fun with your friends. I think cautious is the way forward for the moment, lets hope that everyone thinks this way.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue. Yes I think cautious is the only way to be and, I fear, for a long time yet. xx

      Delete
  4. A very pretty card Carol, as always.
    Glad you had a nice time with Debs and Mandi. I miss our Wisley Days but maybe next year. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss them too Jocelyn. As soon as it is really safe......
      xx

      Delete
  5. This is gorgeous Carol, I love how you've combined the various dies.

    Glad you had a good time with your friends.

    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.