Followers

Sunday 7 June 2020

CD Sunday Plus Challenge # 37 - Anything Goes

I can't believe that the last few mornings and evenings have been quite as chilly as they have been. I am writing this on Friday and last night I put the heating on for an hour when I finally sat down to watch some TV.

I hope all are well.  I know that we are allowed some movement from homes but quite honestly having regard to some things that have gone on I feel safer where I am.  At home, crafting is much the best place.

On that subject  - before showing you my card - I want to personally welcome our new team member Jo.  Welcome, Jo and I hope you will enjoy your time with us.  Jo is probably known to you as Seafield Jo.  There is more about Jo on the blog here.

Here is my own card for the challenge. A parchment one.

My dear friend Debs had her own business for quite a while and she designed and created craft CDs. I have them all - especially as I used to be on her design team.   My particular favourite was a CD   that was done in collaboration with Pamela West.  It is called 'Dayze of  Innocence'.
I printed this image onto parchment - created a very simple border, and enhanced with embossing in the right places.  After I had mounted it using some pink and purple card I then added some die cut bullrushes.
I have used this image a few times. Here is a previous one with a more complicated border and beads.




I look forward to visiting your blogs and if you feel like leaving a comment as you pass by it will be avidly read and greatly appreciated.  Please don't forget to visit my fellow teamies and perhaps give Jo a special welcome.
Stay safe everyone.
Carol
xx

5 comments:

  1. Two stunning cards Carol, i love them both.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the lovely welcome. It's a great pleasure to be joining you. I'm sorry I've been leading you astray (oops).
    Your cards are lovely, what a beautiful image you've used, the recipients will be thrilled I'm sure.
    I'm with you Carol, I'm staying safely indoors for now.

    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Carol. I was so cold yesterday that we put the heating on. Lovely day today though and your lovely summer scene reflects that. It's lovely to see your parchment work and also one of Deb's CDs :-)
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful parchment card, I love the image certainly reflects a summers day, although its been very chilly over the last few days, after such a hot dry spell I suppose we cant complain too much. at least my garden has had a little rain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. a beautiful card Carol, love the image and your bullrushes

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.