Followers

Monday 15 June 2020

In the pink - for any occasion

I am fairly up to date with required projects so I have been having a crafting play.  I needed to make a couple of 'Sending a Hug'  cards for the UKSN group to which I belong.  I decided to use my Kaleidoscope CD and programme.  I have such fun with it and often save images from various places just so that I can see what they look like 'kaleidoscoped'.

This is the 'pink' card I made:


The central image (topper) was copied again and used in the kaleidoscope programme to make the background sheet.   I printed out two copies - one for the card and one to use for die-cutting the flowers affixed in the 8 corners.  I used the Sakura Blossoms die set from Marianne. I love this die. The flowers are small and perfectly formed for this kind of embellishment.

This card is for my go-to box. I can use it for almost any occasion.

I made this after I had made the 'Sending a Hug' card that I needed to make.  This is the one I made and because the person it is for doesn't know it is coming I can show it here:



A beautiful photograph of a rose was used for the kaleidoscope and I used a curved star shape for the centre.  I then did the same as above - printed out an extra sheet to use for the die-cut flowers which were affixed around the star shape. The words were added by my ACDSee graphics programme.

I hope all are still well and happily crafting.

Carol xx

I am entering my 'pink'  card here

3 comments:

  1. Two gorgeous cards Carol, I especially love the top one. I think I have the same program somewhere amongst my CD's I'll have to see if I can find it and if it will work with windows 10.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous Carol, the top one is so beautiful, I love the colour palette.

    I've not heard of the kaleidoscope cd, it sounds very clever. I wouldn't stand a chance- I still can't get to grips with MCS!!

    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two very lovely project! The receivers will feel loved when they receive these.
    Thank you for joining Creations in Pink challenge!
    Hugs from Africa!
    OlgaB

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.