Followers

Sunday 31 January 2021

CD Sunday Plus Challenge #53 - hosted by Jocelyn

Good Morning.  I hope all are well and haven't been affected too badly by the awful weather that we have been having.  Our snow has gone.  It was brief but quite deep and now we are back to rain again.

My card for this challenge was/is for my very new next door neighbour.  Sadly the lady (June) that lived there when I moved in 20 years ago died suddenly in 2019. The house went for Auction and I am very pleased to say that it has been bought by a delightful family and they are in the process of doing things to the house before they fully move in.

I have met half of the family - husband and his delightful 6 year old daughter - Emily.  We have only met at a distance - obviously - but have been corresponding by phone and email. Emily and I have bonded already and when things are back to normal she is going to visit and do colouring with me. It will be great to have a young one so close.  I miss when my own Granddaughter was that age.

This is the card I made:

I made this using The Craft Hut USB - Linda Ravenscroft Fairyland.  I chose this with Emily in mind as she loves all things about Fairyland. I scanned the completed image into my computer so that I could use my graphics programme to add the sentiment in exactly the right place.

Emily's father sent me a photo of Emily holding up the card for me to see.

I am looking forward visiting many blogs to see many wonderful creations and I hope you have enjoyed your visit with me.

Carol

xx



6 comments:

  1. Hi Carol

    Good neighbours are worth their weight in gold and it sounds like you're going to have some lovely crafting sessions with Emily.

    I'll bet they were thrilled to receive their card, I love it.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card for your new neighbours Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous card for your new neighbours Carol.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, I love the image and I am sure they will love it, it will be nice to get back to normal and looks like you wil have fun colouring with your new neighbour

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a pretty card and I'm sure your new neighbours appreciate it. I bet you can't wait to be crafting with your new mini neighbour. Sounds like you will both have fun. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carol what a beautiful thoughtful thing to do for your young neighbours. I hope they have many happy years by your side. I love the image and delicate colour palette too. W xx

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.