Followers

Sunday 28 March 2021

CD Sunday Plus - Challenge #57 - hosted by me

I am stepping up again - as hostess -  sooner than usual as our Wynn is still not ready to join us properly.

Even though our every day movements are still so limited the time seems to be flying by.  Easter next weekend and next month  my second birthday to be spent in 'lockdown'.   I don't gad about as a rule but I do like to have a birthday meal out with friends.  There are 7 in our group and we are badly missing our outings.

Anyway, on to business.  For this challenge I have made an easel card:


The dies and downloads I have used are  Flower Frames from Carnation Crafts - 'Summer Daze' - and  dancer 'Jasmine' from Tattered Lace Floral friends.  They have all been decoupaged.  The greeting comes from a favourite set of dies.

I used Carnation Craft shabby square dies for the card pieces which were cut from watercolour effect pearlescent card  (a favourite),  and I have left a space in front of the 'catcher' so that I can add a message of some kind at the appropriate time.    

 We have been receiving many great entries into our challenges and it is great to visit you all and see what else you all do.  Please feel free to leave comments as you pass by. It is always nice to hear from you.

Hugs

Carol

xx

 

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, lovely image and design,
    Oh I would love a meal with our friends we usually meet up once a month for a meal in a restaurant that is half way between us, just to get out and have a cup of coffee or a even a meal that we have not had to cook and wash up would do me at the moment.
    I am just hoping this lockdown is the last three ios more than enough
    Stay safe and well

    ReplyDelete
  2. You created a beautiful card combining the Tattered Lace and Carnation Crafts die cuts,love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning card Carol. Jasmine does not look out of place with the Carnation dies. Just to see friends again would be great let alone have a meal together, that would be a dream come true at the moment.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carol, this is one of my favourite ranges and I love how you've teamed it up with Jasmine, they go so well together.

    Thanks for your comment on my blog. I find the stitching very relaxing to do, which is what I think we all need at the moment.

    I hope that you are soon able to meet up with your friends again.

    Take care my friend.

    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely Carol. I love your combination of dies and it makes such a pretty card.

    It will be lovely when we can meet our friends and go out again like we used to. We are nearly there, just need to keep going a little longer. I'm desperate for a hair cut too lol.
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.