Followers

Sunday 1 August 2021

CD Sunday Plus Challenge #66 - hosted by Pamela

 As always our challenges are Anything Goes as long as our Rule 3 has been adhered to, which is shown on the CD Sunday Plus blog.

Here is my design team card for this challenge:


The digital part of this creation is the taking of a photograph with my digital camera and downloading it to my computer, and then using my graphics programme to resize, add the borders and the text.

The photograph was taken in my garden on a small wall by some steps. The flowers are from the garden.  I don't know the names I am afraid except for the central Peony and I think the leaves are from a 'Smoke Bush'?  I think there may possibly be some Lily of the Valley.

The 'vase' or in fact 'glass' is a Coca Cola glass that belonged to my son. I say 'belonged' as it doesn't any more.  Somehow it is now in the cupboard with my other vases.  It was a perfect colour and size for the arrangement.

As these flowers and leaves appear each year I do like to use this arrangement quite often.

I am afraid the very heavy rain has finished off the few flowers I had left.  The roses have been stripped of all the petals.  Even the Foxgloves look very sorry for themselves but the grasses have gone berserk.

I look forward to some blog hopping. In the meantime stay well and safe. 

Carol xx

p.s.  I can now reveal that this card was for my lovely friend Mandi whose birthday was on the 11th August  but  came to visit me at the beginning of July.   It was lovely to get together.  This 'Covid' stuff is making it so difficult to meet up with friends.


3 comments:

  1. You created a beautiful card with your photograph Carol,the flowers are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card with your photo of your flowers, you made me smile that the vase used was really Chris's I wonder when he might realise hes lost it. It made a great vase for the photo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think all our gardens have suffered this year but you have made a beautiful arrangement and turning the whole thing into a card is such a great idea. It looks so good and also completely unique.

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.