Followers

Saturday 28 September 2019

Judith Maslen Workshop - 28th September 2019

We completed two new patterns - as usual - today and I enjoyed the making of them both equally.  They are very different in style.

They are both finished and ready to be mounted on cards. I haven't decided what colour card to use yet so that is partly why I haven't finished them completely.

The first card is called 'Ribbons'  Pat no. jm132.
Judith explained the background to her design and it is based on a Japanese 'Noshi'.
Originally this was a bunch of reed, tied in the middle and represented 'humility'.  Now 'Noshi' is a bunch of ribbons, usually given for good luck, or to decorate a gift.

Here is 'Noshi'.

The second card is called 'Bells across the Snow' and is Pat no. jm131.  Again I haven't finished the presentation.


 I need to be able to see a bit better before I can mount them on matts that are straight so I will show them off again when that has been done.
xx

1 comment:

  1. Two fabulous projects Carol, I really love the Christmas scene it has such a traditional feel to it.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.