Followers

Thursday 3 October 2019

Celebration


The cataract operation on Monday was a success and I have celebrated by making a parchment card.  I couldn't wait and started it yesterday. I was so keen to find out by how much my sight has improved especially for fine detail and for colour.  I used a pattern  by Judith Maslen in November/December's Parchment Magazine.  Judith had designed a gorgeous image of  the head of Father Christmas which involves the use of colouring and embossing.  Some of the colouring involved the face which is always the most difficult to get right.

I shouldn't say so but I am thrilled with the result and am so glad that I have had the cataracts removed.  I cannot fault the wonderful service, care and attention I received from my local hospital - Frimley Park.

Here is Father Christmas.

Thank you for the gorgeous pattern Judith. It was a joy to do.

3 comments:

  1. beautiful parchment work Carol, so pleased you are delighted with the results of your surgery

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased everything went well for you Carol. This card is fabulous.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful parchment card,
    I am so pleased the op has been a success and your eye sight has improved

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.