Followers

Sunday 13 September 2020

CD Sunday Plus - Challenge #44 - AG hosted by Jo

I hope all are well.

For this challenge, I have made another stitching card.   None for a while and then one after the other.

This was made for a special reason.  I haven't had a dog for many years now and when I did have dogs they were of medium sizes and breeds like Springers  - my absolute favourite dog breed.  I had never been a lover of very small dogs until - that is -  a few weeks ago.

For various reasons, we took on my eldest son and daughter in laws dog called Alfie.  Alfie had an op on his hip and Chris and I nursed him back to health,  before giving him back.  I fell in love with the little chap.  He is a Cockapoo with bags of character.  I found a stitch card pattern of a Cockapoo - and here it is:

I think I will give this to my granddaughter instead of the Birthday Bus I did for the last challenge. The striped background comes from a La Pashe CD and the stitch pattern is a download from here.
There is a funny story about when Alfie joined the family.  My son used to drive around a lot visiting properties and checking on them and thought it would be nice to have a family dog and he could take him out in the cab with him.  He left the choice to his wife and daughter.  He was presented with Alfie and at first, was not pleased as he felt that his street cred had gone right out of the window.  But in the end, he got more attention from people he met on his travels than he would have done with a larger dog.
Chris and I didn't want to give him back and threatened to move and not leave a forwarding address.
Alfie was besotted with Chris and the sight of them together used to make me smile.  Alfie barely 12" high and Chris 6' 2".
Here is a photo of Alfie waiting for Chris to come home.

I look forward to visiting your blogs.

Hugs
Carol
xx

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Carol love your choice of colour for your stitching,a very feminine card for your granddaughter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, love the stitching as always, the stitching looks just like him in the picture. brilliant card for your granddaughter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card, your granddaughter will love it I'm sure. I need to add this pattern to my collection.

    Your story made me smile, dogs really are the best company.

    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautifully stitched card and a lovely story to go with it.
    Jocelyn xx

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.