Followers

Tuesday 21 July 2020

Pink and white hearts

I am so enjoying my foray into Tattered Lace.  I think this is all the fault of our new CD Sunday Plus teamie Jo.  I have long admired the cards that Jo produces with her sets of dies and then  Jo joined us -   we got chatting and voila!

Now this new card has been made using dies from the Manor garden set from Peaceful Picture decoupage.  I looked at all the card samples on the Tattered Lace site and fell in love with one which I have almost replicated - just a couple of slight differences.

I love it.  Here it is:

My own tweaks are putting the decoupaged flower spray in a different place and adding a couple of diecut bows.

The gorgeous background paper comes from the accompanying USB as does the 3D decoupage.  I suggest that the decoupage is printed out on a fine photo paper for maximum effect.
Included with the die collection and USB is a project magazine.  The sample card that I used is also in the magazine together with some beautiful papers.

Some of the papers are watercolour scenes.  I have scanned these into my machine so that I can alter the sizes.  I have done this already with a couple of the papers and using the dies from the Abby Hill collection I have made the following couple of toppers:

They are beautiful just as they are but I am thinking of combining them with some parchment work.  They have been cut out of a lightweight card so they won't be too heavy for the parchment paper.

If nothing else the enforced staying-in has stimulated my creative juices as well as decreasing my bank balance.

Off now to decide how to use these toppers - unless I start diecutting again.
Stay safe.
Carol
xx


4 comments:

  1. Your card is stunning Carol and the card toppers beautiful. I'm sure that however you decorate them they will look stunning too.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and toppers love the layout on your card and the subtle colours in the toppers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to keep leading you astray but glad you are enjoying your new dies. Everything you've created with them so far has been stunning and these are no exception. Tattered lace really are creating some stunning products at the moment. I have been a decoupage fan for a very long time and I love florals so it's a match made in heaven for me and I'm too weak to resist 😂. I look forward to seeing your next creations.

    Hugs
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your lovely comments. Jo - I am glad that you have led me astray. As you know this new crafting interest has come at a time when it has been most needed and I am grateful for the introduction or the push.
    Hugs
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.