Followers

Tuesday 7 July 2020

Tattered Lace dies and downloads

I have been totally absorbed over the last couple of days using my new toys again.   Both the  Petals of Lace and The Favourite Florist collections from Tattered Lace.
The first card is from Petals of Lace.  The pinks are the most natural tones and I prefer them to the blues and other tones.

Here it is:


I have used about three layers of decoupage to most of the roses and die cut the sentiment message in bronze Mirri card.

The structure of the above card came from the downloads but the second card I have designed and created myself.

Like Topsy,, it sort of grew as I went along.  I found an image on the internet of a garden to use as a background.  This was my starting point. Rather than just stick it on to a folded A5 card and go from there I decided to make a gatefold card.  My favourite flower from the Favourite Florist collection is the Wild Rose which is in the 'In the Field' section of the collection.  This Wild Rose is a beautiful pink so I chose that colour as my base and used my graphics programme to create some card the right colour for the basic card.  I then positioned the green matted 'garden' image to the gatefold front and then decided how to decorate it.
Easier to show you rather than long descriptions:








The three Wild Roses are from Tattered Lace but the mauve, pink and yellow roses and leaves in the left-hand corner are die cut using a similar programme from Hunkydory (Moonstone in Full Bloom).  They have a book of images (rather than downloads) which have matching dies.

In amongst the Hunkydory images and dies, I found a sentiment for the inside of the card.




I had such fun making these.  Whilst I was downloading and die cutting I was doing extras for future projects.
Love to hear from you if you care to comment.
Hugs
Carol
xx



3 comments:

  1. Two beautiful cards Carol the colour and texture on the roses is gorgeous love the layout and image of the second

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two fabulous cards Carol. They both look so ggod. I ordered the Favourite Florist Collection when it was launch, I'm still waiting for it to arrive. There have been some heated emails going back and forth between C and C and myself recently.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, I love your designs and great use of the roses.

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.